If your vision is a little GLAZED, it's probably because National Donut day is here! National Donut/Doughnut Day is celebrated in the U.S. on the first Friday in June each year and we're always up for a celebration!
Fun fact (according to Wiki): National Donut Day was started in 1938 in Chicago to honor of The Salvation Army “Doughnut Lassies” who served donuts to our troops during WWI. After discovering that serving baked goods would be difficult considering the conditions of the huts and the limited rations, two volunteers began frying donuts in soldiers’ helmets. These tasty treats boosted morale and won the hearts of many soldiers.
In order to celebrate this momentous occasion, how about we eat some FREE* donuts! We've rounded up the deals around Birmingham. Let's start with the locals:
The Heavenly Donut Co.
- Deal: Free Glazed Donut OR Free Blueberry Cake Donut
- Deal: Active Military and Veterans get a free coffee
- Also: Bring non-perishable food items to donate to the Salvation Army
- Address: 4911 Cahaba River Rd, Ste 105 Birmingham, Alabama, AL 35243
- Store Hours: 6:00am-6:00pm
- Deal: Free Glazed Donut
- Address: TWO locations - 2409 Acton Rd #101, Vestavia Hills, AL 35243 and 5291 Valleydale Rd #141, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Store Hours: 6:00am-1:00pm
- Deal: Free Glazed Donut with purchase
- Address: 2050 Greenvale Ln, Birmingham, Alabama, AL 35216
- Store Hours: 5:30am-12:00pm
- Deal: 2 Donuts for $1 (while supplies last)
- Address: 3100 Cahaba Village Plaza, Birmingham, AL 35243
- Store Hours: 8:00am-10:00pm
- Deal: Free "Classic" Donut with purchase of beverage
- Several Addresses: 2109 6th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233 // 400 Cahaba Park Cir Suite 1, Birmingham, AL 35242 // 505 Brookwood Blvd, Homewood, AL 35209 // 480 Cahaba Valley Rd, Pelham, AL 35124
- Store Hours: 5:00am-8:00pm
- Deal: Free Doughnut of ANY kind
- Several Addresses: 1990 New Patton Chapel Rd, Hoover, AL 35226 // 5357 US-280, Birmingham, AL 35242 // 8601 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35206 (6am-10pm)
- Store Hours: 5:30am-12:00am
Last year we went to at least 4 donut shops!! Who can top that!? Use our hashtag: #ruhappenin so we can enjoy them with you!
cover photo from the Dunkin' Donuts FB page.